WordPress Glasgow is a growing group of local developers, designers, business owners, bloggers and learners. We get together to meet other WordPress users in the Glasgow area and share our knowledge and experience.
Our aspiration is to build a positive community that facilitates continuous learning and promotes the Open Source principles of collaboration.
The WordPress Glasgow meetup was started in June 2016 and is part of the wider UK and worldwide WordPress community.
Here’s a few things that are also important to us:
- We’ll always do our best to maintain entry free of charge and hold our events at accessible venues.
- WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. As such, all actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
- Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
- Events are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
- The group allows events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
- Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment that is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general unpleasant behavior.
Last but not least, we also have a Code of Conduct we expect all our members, organisers, speakers, volunteers and sponsors to follow.
Please get in touch if you’d like to give a talk, organise an event, become a sponsor or facilitate the use of a venue for the meet.