Do you want to share your WordPress skills with the WPGlasgow Meetup?
Our Meetup takes place every 4th Tuesday of the month, and we are always looking for speakers. We are a recently “reborn” group and have a growing and keen attendance.
You don’t have to be a WordPress expert to speak at the meetup (though experts are certainly welcome!). Here’s the sort of thing we would be looking for:
- Have you written a fantastic plugin or theme and want to explain how it works or how to upload it to the WordPress Plugin Directory or Theme Forest ?
- Have you built a WordPress website with some fun, unique code and want to dissect it for the meetup?
- Are you an expert with a certain Framework/Parent Theme?
- Do you work for a company that provides WordPress services (hosting, plugins, themes)?
- Are you an expert in SEO, social media, accessibility or WordPress security?
- Is CSS and graphics your thing?
- Do you contribute to one of the Make WordPress teams?
- Would you like to demonstrate a WordPress process with a practical hands-on workshop?
You could give a normal length talk of around 30 minutes or simply give a lightning talk of around 10 minutes. Short talks are great if you’ve never spoken in public before but would like to give it a go. There also is always room at the end of the talk for a quick Question and Answer session.
Practical hands-on workshops have a time slot of 1h30 with a brief 10 minute break in the middle.
So please don’t be shy and get in touch!